Thursday, February 12, 2009

A new year, a new me

So, today I joined Facebook and as I was looking at other people's profiles I realized that my life is very pathetic.  What happened to the passion?  Well, a couple of really rough years has had it's toll. So what's happened?  Well, having a baby, going through cancer treatment, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder, intense therapy, lots of bipolar drugs, almost getting divorced and now trying to rebuild, having cancer come back....So that's what I've been up to while everyone else has been going about their meaningul and exciting lives.  
...As my good friend Elizabeth says, "life owes me a red onion."  It's a long story that is really funny.
I have spent the last couple of years thinking I would get back to life once all the cancer stuff was done, (finding out now it just keeps going on and on), when I have more energy, when, when, when???
So here's my big breakthrough:  I started a major diet and exercise program this week.  And I am feeling pretty good.  It really hits you hard when your doc tells you "you're fat, you've gotta lose weight."  Well, duh?  You think I don't know that?  So, here's the deal.  I am going to lose 50 pounds this year!  Yay!  I'm excited.  It will give me something to Blog about, and some much needed focus.  Here's to being healthy and happy!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Deanne, I'm so sorry you've gone through such a rough time. What type of cancer do you have? You are so strong and I'm sure you'll be able to get through it.

    Check out our blog (even though I'm not very good at updating it) at stucktogetherforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeAnne, you're a trooper! I hope life starts giving you a break! It's so easy to say, "I'll be happy when..." I've been there, done that. I want to lose weight this year also, maybe we can keep each other going. Feel free to check out my blog, dtpangan.blogspot.com. I like to show off my kids! :)
    Tyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne.....
    I am so excited to see that you have a blog....you are an amazing woman....you are beautiful and we love you. I hope that you don't care if I check in on your blog now and then. We have a family blog if you ever feel the desire to see the crazy life we live. Love you lots. Engor

    ReplyDelete